Celebrate National Senior Citizens Day and Highlight Your Senior Expertise
We are inviting you to think ahead to the month of August and want to share with you an opportunity to do two very important things!
1) Make a positive difference in the lives of seniors in your community
2) Increase your local and national visibility as a seniors real estate and housing professional committed to serving seniors.
August 21st is National Senior Citizens Day as proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan in 1988.
“The Congress, by House Joint Resolution 138, has designated August 21, 1988, as ‘National Senior Citizens Day’ and authorized and requested the President to issue a proclamation in observance of this event. Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim August 21, 1988, as National Senior Citizens Day. I call upon the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities.”
The Seniors Real Estate Institute invites you to participate in National Senior Citizens Day by doing something special for one or more older adults in your life and to let us know what you have planned so we can recognize you!
We believe that this day serves as not only as a way to impact the life or lives of some extraordinary people, but also an excellent way to differentiate yourself as a professional who serves seniors.
5 ways to get involved:
- Take an older adult to coffee and ask them to share their story. Ask them to share their proud moments or cherished life’s accomplishments.
- Sponsor a recognition event at a local senior living or nursing community.
- Feature a senior in your blog or on social media
- Invite your circle of influence to work together with you to create a special moment in the life of a senior (download template letter
- Send a personal note of thanks to any or all the older adults who have made a positive impact on your life.
Of course there are many more ways you could make this day one to remember and we encourage you to be creative!
Once you have decided what you will do for National Senior Citizens Day on (or around) August 21, send us an email or post it on our Facebook fanpage.
We want to publicly recognize your efforts and spotlight those seniors you are recognizing!
Send us a summary of the day’s event(s) and we will feature you in our monthly newsletter and national press releases.
Talk about great PR!!! We can’t wait to hear what you have planned — big or small, everything counts!
Yours in Serving Seniors,
Nikki Buckelew, CEO and Founder
Seniors Real Estate Institute
P.S. Download the template for inviting your sphere of influence to take part in this special day — customize it and post in on your blog or send it out in your newsletter!